- Altar Serving: Girls and boys may volunteer to serve at weekend Masses and other celebrations.
- Response to Love Center: 8th grade students volunteer at the Response to Love Soup Kitchen. All students have the opportunity to volunteer at least once a school year.
- St. Luke’s of Mercy Mission: 7th and 8th grade students volunteer at Thanksgiving and Christmas time to assist with the mass distribution of food, clothing, toys, etc. Other projects by various grade levels throughout the year support their efforts, too.
- Youth Ministry: Beginning in 5th grade, students may participate in B.A.S.E. (“Be A Saint Everyday”) with our parish youth minister, Nora Salemi. B.A.S.E. meets on Thursday evenings and provides the opportunity to fellowship with friends, pray as a group, and participate in service projects. B.A.S.E. is open to all members of the St. John’s community. Additionally, the youth minister works with the students of St. John’s in other activities, including other service projects and volunteerism, faith development, and prayer.
- School -Wide Monthly Liturgy and Prayer Services: The St. John’s School community gathers together throughout each month to share times of prayer. At least once every month, the whole school will come together to celebrate liturgy during a 9:00 AM mass, where parents and families are welcome to join us. During special times of the year, such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Lent, different grades will also lead the school in prayer.
- Boxes of Joy: Students collected socks, gloves, toiletries, candy, playing cards, and so on to assemble "Boxes of Joy" that were distributed to overseas military, Haven House, and St. Luke's Mission of Mercy.
- Yearly School Theme: Students and faculty work together by grade level and homerooms to find ways to put our school’s religious theme “in action” in living our Catholic faith. Students share their talents and treasures and endeavor to bring Christ’s command to feed the hungry, clothe the naked, and love one another through tangible service projects.
- Mail for Military: Letter campaign to our U.S. Armed Forces serving overseas and in the United States to show our support and appreciation.
- St. Nicholas Toy Drive: Hundreds of toys are donated to Ken-Ton and Buffalo charitable organizations to help make Christmas brighter for all!