One factor common among well performing schools is parent involvement. Interest and participation in your child's educational experience is welcomed and encouraged.
There are many opportunities for parents and grandparents to become involved with the St. John's community, including:
- Parent/Grandparent Lunch Monitors (10:15 am to 12:45 pm)
- Grade chairperson and room parents for each grade
- Coaches and assistant coaches for various athletic teams
- Home School Association (H.S.A.) activities
- St. John's Parish Athletic Association (SJPAA)
- Parish sponsored scouting opportunities
St. John's Home School Association plays a critical role in supporting and enhancing our school. By hosting a number of social and community events, St. John's HSA is able to contribute to the school's sense community and pride. For more information, visit the “H.S.A.” page under the “Parent” category of this website.
- Any adult who has contact with children must be VIRTUS certified in accordance with the Diocesan guidelines. This entails completion of a VIRTUS workshop and compliance reading monthly training bulletins (emailed to your computer). Both registration for a training seminar and compliance with the monthly bulletins are easy to complete. For further information, visit the Diocese of Buffalo website.
- Adults must provide driver and insurance information if transporting students.
- Adult volunteers are expected to comply with the Diocesan Code of Conduct pursuant to any interaction with a minor.