Mr. Irwin & Mrs. Krygier's
Crowning Mother Mary :)
Important Dates to Remember:
May 9: Ascension Mass @ 9 AM
May 13: May Crowning @ 9:10 AM
May 14: Spring Concert @ 6:30 PM
May 22: Kindergarten School Mass
May 23: HSA Hot Dog Cookout and KidsBiz
May 24-27: Memorial Day Weekend: NO SCHOOL!
* What have we learned so far?
- We are starting our author study on Lois Ehlert
- We have learned how to write and sound out the letters in the alphabet...
- We learned 110 High Frequency Words (Dolch List)
- We discussed the difference between an author and an illustrator.
- We learned about predictions, making connections, and clarifying words that we don't understand (Ask your child about the hand signals).
- We learned about story elements aka main characters, setting, problem, and much more!
- We learned that words have families too!
- Word Families: "ap" "am" "at" "an" "in" "ig" "it""op" "ot"
"en" "et" "ug" "ub" "ack" "all"
- Writing Workshop :)
- We are starting our how-to-stories
- We are currently practicing for our school mass!
- We learned 20 stories from the Bible!
- We learned how to make the sign of the cross, and what the Rosary is used for.
- We are also learning several prayers including the Our Father, Hail Mary, our morning prayer, and our prayer before we go to lunch.
- We learned about families, and why each one is special and unique.
- We learned about why friends are gifts from God :)
- We learned how God created the world!
- We learned why it is good to have manners, care for one another, and make good choices!
- We discussed the things we are thankful for!
- We learned about Advent, Saint Nick and the true meaning of Christmas
- We are currently working on measurement
- We learned how to add and subtract to ten.
- We counted to 100 by ten's and one's
- We learned how to write and count objects up to 20
- We compared numbers to see if they were less than, equal to, or greater than
The class cheering because their prediction was correct during the sink/float lesson!
- We learned about the Rainforest: Ask your children what our room looks like :)
- We learned about plants
- We learned about the solar system and all 8 planets
- We learned what a globe is used for, and that there is more water than land!
- We learned the difference between a want and a need, and named some wants/needs.
- We learned about the 5 senses.
- We learned that all families are unique and different.
- We made predictions while doing the sink/float experiment.
Working on our Pow Wow necklaces
ALL ABOUT ME SECTION
Here are the questions your child needs to answer:
1. Something interesting about me (add a picture if you can):
2. 3 things I am good at:
3. 3 places I’d like to go:
4. 3 things I like to do:
5. 2 things I want to be when i grow up (Add a picture if you can):
***Also, include a picture of your child by themselves and a picture of your family (this can include pets, grandparents, etc.)