St. John the Baptist School, kenmore,ny
Grade/Subject: Grade 4
GRADE 4 – SUPPLY LIST
- 1 – 2 inch OR 3 inch 3-ring binder NO TRAPPER KEEPERS – NO “accordion” folders
- 1 set of 7 subject dividers to fit binder- LABEL: Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts
Religion, Reading, Spelling
- Paper for binder
- Black or blue Eraser-Mate pens and red pens
- Pencils, eraser, ruler, highlighters (2 yellow) – NO “White Out”
- 1 pack 8 colors crayons & 8 markers & 8 colored pencils, scissors, small glue (NO glue sticks)
NOTE: these items MUST BE LABELED W/ NAME & placed in gallon size zip lock
freezer bag & 1 EXTRA labeled zip lock bag for classroom COLLECTION /
STORAGE - label with Name (First & Last)
- Zippered pencil case ONLY – NO pen BOX
- Book covers (brown bags may be used)-replace as needed
- 4 spiral notebooks – 3 subjects / notebook type
- 4 double pocket folders w/center fasteners
- 2 boxes of Kleenex + 2 rolls paper towels
- 2 Marble/Mead composition tablets (Journal) (Practice Book)
- Computer Class – optional: your own headphones if you do not want to use those in computer lab
***** ALL students in Grades 1-8 will be REQUIRED to use the OFFICIAL SJS Student Assignment Planner which will be provided for each student during the first week of school.
We recommend that sneakers (flat sole) rather than running shoes (ripple tread) be worn for gym classes. Running shoes worn indoors put an unsafe stress on ankles and legs, plus track in mud etc.
NEW Policy re: Textbook Covers: ALL textbooks MUST be covered with BROWN PAPER BAGS only!
Cloth book covers are NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE as they do not provide adequate protection for our textbook investment.
GRADE 4 - June - the Final Frontier
What a pleasure it was to teach your children this year. They have grown up so much! Since the children are the last class of my teaching career, I hold a special place for them in my heart. Thank you for the privilege of instructing them every day. I know they will be very successful in the coming years.
Have a wonderful summer, enjoy nature, say your prayers, and be kind to eachother.
Just a few reminders for the coming months:
June exams - Please have your child study the guides given them in class, have them get a good night's rest, eat a healthy breakfast, and be confident in themselves.
Exams begin Thurs. June 6 AM Math, PM Reading
Fri. June 7 AM Spelling PM Spelling
Mon. June 10 No exams HSA Field Day
Tues. June 11 AM Soc. St. PM Lang Arts
Wed. June 12 AM Science PM No exam
***Remember to work on the Summer Math Packet each week during the summer.
***Suggested Reading List for students entering Grade 5 - a note from Miss DelSordo - Grade 5 teacher
During the summer, students are required to read 3 books from the following summer reading list.In September, they will be assigned work related to their reading choices.
Feathers Jacqueline Woodson
The Sign of the Beaver Elizabeth George Speare
The Phantom Toolbooth Norton Juster
Lily's Crossing Patricia Reilly Giff
Double Fudge Judy Blume
There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom Louis Sachar
The Higher Power of Lucky Susan Patron
SOS Titanic Eve Bunting
No Talking Andrew Clements
The White Giraffe Laura St. John
How to Steal a Dog Barbara O'Connor
Gully's Travels Tor Seidler
On My Honor Marion Bauer
Poppy's Return Avi
Water Street Patricia Reilly Giff
The Islander Cynthia Rylant
Everything on a Waffle Polly Horvath
The Penderwicks Jeanne Birdsall
The Great Gilly Hopkins Katherine Paterson
The Incredible Journey Sheila Burnford
© St. John the Baptist School 2011, All Rights Reserved
Website Design & Hosted by - Lakeside Web Services