Home School Association
The Home School Association (H.S.A.) is St. John’s parents’ group. Its mission is to improve the quality of our children's educational experience at St. John's. We try to accomplish this in a two-fold manner. First by providing family oriented activities that create community among school families and secondly, we fund raise in an effort to keep tuition increases at a minimum and provide extras for the students and staff of St. John's school.
The objectives of St. John the Baptist Home School Association are as follows:
-To offer an opportunity for parents and teachers to cooperate in mutual the efforts to educate children in accordance with Catholic principles.
-To afford an opportunity for the discussion and solution of common problems and the promotion of common benefits.
-To support all the activities which will achieve these objectives.
-To provide financial support for school Programs.
Any parent whose child(ren) is registered at St. John The Baptist is eligible to become a member of the Home School Association. There is a nominal family membership fee.
The Home School Association is involved in planning and/or assisting in the sponsorship of the following activities and programs:
SCHOOL PROGRAMS include:
- After School Enrichment Program
- Catholic Education Scholarship Awards
- School Directory
- Teacher Bonus Fund
- Teacher Recognition (Mass/Luncheon)
- Teacher Start Up Funds
- Teachers' Workshops Funds
- School Field Trips Funds
- Monthly Faculty Brunch
- Volunteer Parents
- Teacher's Wish List
- D.A.R.E. Pizza Party
- Spring Hot Dog Cook Out
- Welcome Committee
- Annual End of the Year School Donation
FAMILY ACTIVITIES include:
- “Pre-K and Kindergarten Welcome” social event
- Parent Socials and Happy Hours
- Halloween Parties
- Jr. High Halloween Dance
- Family Mass and Dinner Parties
- Skating Party (ice/roller)
- Breakfast with Santa
- And more!
H.S.A. manages various fundraising events each year, including the school’s Fall and Spring Book Fairs, the sale of SJS logo merchandise, the annual Theme Day Auction, a Wine Tasting Party, and much more. Most events provide a combination of social and fundraising opportunities.
St. John's Home School Association holds monthly meetings that all parents are invited and encouraged to attend. Generally held the first Wednesday of each month, please verify the date and place on the monthly calendar under the “quick links” tab.
THE TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN ST. JOHN’S H.S.A.
10. We sponsor special events for our children to enjoy.
9. We subsidize field trips for all students.
8. We fund the high school scholarship program for our eighth grade students.
7. We recognize our dedicated teachers and staff with a teacher’s bonus funds, luncheons, and more.
6. We provide funds to purchase supplies and underwrite the cost of training seminars for our teachers that allow them tofurther our children's learning
5. We fund assemblies, programs, and equipment that will enrich our children's Catholic Education.
4. We sponsor activities and events to unite our school families.
3. We strive to ensure St. John's School is a pillar in our parish community.
2. We are dedicated to maintaining a strong and viable Catholic community for our children.
1. We are committed to Catholic Education!